Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by David Christensen <dp...@holgerdanske.com> on 2012/03/11 04:24:48 UTC

new editions of older mod_perl books?

modperl:

I own "Writing Apache Modules with Perl and C, The Apache API and
mod_perl".  I worked my way through the book several years ago when
Apache 1.3 and mod_perl 1.0 were current; the book was excellent:

     http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781565925670.do

"Practical mod_perl" and "mod_perl Developer's Cookbook" also look like
they were good books when released:

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-mod_perl-Stas-Bekman/dp/0596002270/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331434361&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/mod_perl-Developers-Cookbook-Geoffrey-Young/dp/0672322404/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331434407&sr=1-3

I have downloaded the PDF of "Practical mod_perl":

     http://modperlbook.org/

I now have the desire to use Apache 2.2 and mod_perl 2.0 for a CMS
project, but would rather avoid attempting to learn/ re-learn from
obsolete resources.

I am wondering if newer editions of the above books are forthcoming?

TIA,

David