Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ch...@labware.com on 2008/03/13 10:34:32 UTC

A smarter recorder that would probably ignore URL rewriting

Hi ,
          I am recording my test session using JMeter's HTTP Proxy server.
I am hitting against TomCat5.0.19 . What is happening is the session is
getting recorded and the individual samplers  all have Jsession id
attached to them . It turns out that if we use Cookie Manager , our app
handles it well but gets confused by the hard coded "jsession id" recorded
.I think Tomcat implementation gives preference to encoded URL to the
cookies .
 I know I can parameterize it by extracting from the first response but I
just want to save time here by removing all those encoded URLs to normal
URLs . Is there any way to automate that process ? May be some parameter
can be configured that will help me save time by not having to go into all
of those samplers and do that change manually ?

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: choudhury@labware.com
Web: www.labware.com

LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

Re: A smarter recorder that would probably ignore URL rewriting

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13/03/2008, Choudhury@labware.com <Ch...@labware.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>           I am recording my test session using JMeter's HTTP Proxy server.
>  I am hitting against TomCat5.0.19 . What is happening is the session is
>  getting recorded and the individual samplers  all have Jsession id
>  attached to them . It turns out that if we use Cookie Manager , our app
>  handles it well but gets confused by the hard coded "jsession id" recorded
>  .I think Tomcat implementation gives preference to encoded URL to the
>  cookies .
>   I know I can parameterize it by extracting from the first response but I
>  just want to save time here by removing all those encoded URLs to normal
>  URLs . Is there any way to automate that process ? May be some parameter
>  can be configured that will help me save time by not having to go into all
>  of those samplers and do that change manually ?

The proxy will replace variables that match UDVs, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Proxy_Server

so if you can specify a UDV called JSESSION_ID with a value that
matches the jsession id it will be automatically replaced. See the
above link for details. It may be possible to use suitable context to
restrict the match to just the id.

If it's not possible to generate a suitable value, you could try
logging in, extracting the value manually, adding it as a UDV, and
then stopping/restarting the Proxy before continuing the session. I've
not tried that.

Or, just use an editor to replace the session ids in the JMX file.