Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Julie McCabe <ju...@qub.ac.uk> on 2004/08/09 16:05:02 UTC

Collection size?

Hello,

I am compressing Tomcat 4.1.27 with Xindice v1.1b4-dev installed on RedHat
9.0.  The installation of Xindice contains a number of empty collections with
size of 16K.  I use either tar -cvzf (tar -xvfz) or zip -r9 (unzip) to
compress tomcat and when I extract again the Xindice collection sizes have
changed to 6.1M.

I read on the mailing list s'thing about the tar not extracting the xindice
installation properly, I did not experience any such problems but maybe it is
related - hence why I tried zip also.

In addition I read about the default collection size which was 6M, however it
is only after doing the compression that the file size changes to 6M.
initially it is 16K.

I would really like to solve this problem as I have 9 collections which are
taking up an unnecessary amount of space, or is this the intended behaviour?

Many thanks,
Julie.