Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stefan Thurnherr <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/11 14:38:22 UTC

v7.0.12 changelog question

Hi

 From the Tomcat v7.0.12 changelog [1] :
  " Don't unpack WAR files if they are not located in the Host's
appBase. (markt) "
Why? Couldnt find any issue or other trace relating to this fix...

Background: This "fix" broke our deployment of Sonatype's Nexus (OSS
version) when upgrading to Tomcat v7.0.12: Nexus can only be run in
unpacked mode, and the webapp was located outside appBase in our setup.

Gruäss,
  stefan.

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/changelog.html

Re: v7.0.12 changelog question

Posted by Stefan Thurnherr <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Mark, for the clarification. Manually unpacking the WAR file is
what I am doing instead.
  stefan.

Posted by ma...@apache.org.