Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jon Bedworth <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2003/11/01 21:52:39 UTC

What could cause a UTFDataFormatException when processing pipeline

Hello all

Please can anyone suggest why the following coudl be happening:

When I attempt an XSL transformation on some XML I get the following error:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

I am presuming this has something to do with illegal characters contained
within the XML, but the transformation works when tested outside Cocoon so
what kinds of things could be causing Cocoon to throw this error?

I am running Cocoon 2.1, JDK 1.4.2, Tomcat 4.1 on Windows 2K.

Has anyone else had this error or similar, when doing simple XSL
transformations via Cocoon?

Thankyou

Jon

[SOLVED] - Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate()

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Hi:

I switched from xalan to xsltc and the problem was solved.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Antonio Gallardo dijo:

Re: What could cause a UTFDataFormatException when processing pipeline

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Hi Jon:

Posted by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>.
Hi,

You should have declare the XSLT docment as UTF-8 and put some accents in
it (ISO-8859-1 for example).

Lionel

At 20:52 01/11/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello all
>
>Please can anyone suggest why the following coudl be happening:
>
>When I attempt an XSL transformation on some XML I get the following error:
>
>org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
>java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
>
>I am presuming this has something to do with illegal characters contained
>within the XML, but the transformation works when tested outside Cocoon so
>what kinds of things could be causing Cocoon to throw this error?
>
>I am running Cocoon 2.1, JDK 1.4.2, Tomcat 4.1 on Windows 2K.
>
>Has anyone else had this error or similar, when doing simple XSL
>transformations via Cocoon?
>
>Thankyou
>
>Jon

Lionel CRINE
Ingénieur Systèmes documentaires
Société : 4DConcept
22 rue Etienne de Jouy 78353 JOUY EN JOSAS
Tel : 01.34.58.70.70 Fax : 01.39.58.70.70