Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2007/11/12 02:27:15 UTC

[T4] Listeners called twice

Hi all,

I've just run into a problem with one of our apps that has likely been there
for some time.  It seems all of our form listeners are called twice.  I've
confirmed this behaviour with 4.1.2, 4.1.3, and 4.1.4-SNAPSHOT.  Does anyone
have any idea what may be causing this and, more importantly, how to
suppress it?

I do not recall this being the behavior with 4.0.2.  Thinking it might have
to do with client-side validation, I've removed the parameter and disabled
JavaScript . . . Same problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: [T4] Listeners called twice

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Digging further, it appears to be a problem when caching is disabled in
Firefox and the Yslow! Plugin is activated in Firefox.  So, the whole thing
is a bit perplexing.  My guess is that Yslow! Is somehow resubmitting the
form.  With the same setup this behavior is not observed at all with T5 --
the form is submitted only once as expected.

I'd like to say since I cannot demonstrate it with other browsers, so it
likely is not something with Tapestry.  But, at the same time, I don't
recall ever seeing it before and somehow T5 deals with it.

So, looks like I'll just have to be more defensive about it for now.

--
Kevin

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Kevin Menard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just run into a problem with one of our apps that has likely been there
> for some time.  It seems all of our form listeners are called twice.  I've
> confirmed this behaviour with 4.1.2, 4.1.3, and 4.1.4-SNAPSHOT.  Does anyone
> have any idea what may be causing this and, more importantly, how to
> suppress it?
>
> I do not recall this being the behavior with 4.0.2.  Thinking it might have
> to do with client-side validation, I've removed the parameter and disabled
> JavaScript . . . Same problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr