Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Manikanta Thumu <ma...@oracle.com> on 2019/02/14 05:00:28 UTC

Migration to Oak 1.6.8

Hello experts,

We are migrating an application that was built on Sling 6 & Jackrabbit to Sling 10 & Oak. We are using Oak 1.6.8 which is the version used in the example Sling 10 application.

After migration to Oak 1.6.8, we are seeing couple of changes in our application behavior as mentioned below:

1)      Observed that jcr:createdBy attribute is missing for some of the configuration data in repository. I found below unanswered threads in stackoverflow which is similar to the issue we are facing.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51709867/oak-repository-does-not-set-property-jcrcreatedby-when-saving-a-new-ntfile

2)       jcr:primaryType attribute value is set as "nt:unstructured" for some configuration data instead of our project specific value.

Am I missing anything obvious?

Regards,

Manikanta

Re: Migration to Oak 1.6.8

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Manikanta,

On Thu, 2019-02-14 at 05:00 +0000, Manikanta Thumu wrote:
> Hello experts,
>

> We are migrating an application that was built on Sling 6 &
> Jackrabbit to Sling 10 & Oak. We are using Oak 1.6.8 which is the
> version used in the example Sling 10 application.
>

> After migration to Oak 1.6.8, we are seeing couple of changes in our
> application behavior as mentioned below:

(snip)

Sling 6 was using Jackrabbit 2.1 IIRC, see [1]

From that to Oak 1.6 is a pretty big jump. Looking at the page
documenting the changes between Jackrabbit and Oak [2] and don't see
anything called out that is similar to your issues.

I would guess that there are behavioural differences between Jackrabbit
and Oak in areas that are not specified and/or documented.

My first suggestion would be to review the differences you see and
check if they are indeed bugs. If they are, please open bug reports,
ideally with test cases attached.

It may also be the case that it's more worthwhile to adapt to your
application to how Oak works, but that depends on your specific
situation.

Robert

[1]: https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/sling/org.apache.sling.launchpad/6/org.apache.sling.launchpad-6-bundlelist.xml
[2]: https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/differences.html

Re: Migration to Oak 1.6.8

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
hi

regarding 1)
i created a tiny test case that adds a new node of type nt:file and the mandatory properties of the mix:created type get auto-creaed (i.e. jcr:created and jcr:createdBy). so, that works for me in trunk [0]. maybe you can provide a test case illustrating the issue?

regarding 2)
can you share some additional data? what is the nature of the 'configured data'? node types? any log entries from the migration? and how did you run the migration?

kind regards
angela

[0] my test:
@Test
    public void testAddNtFileNode() throws Exception {
        Session s = getAdminSession();
        Node file = s.getRootNode().addNode("test", JcrConstants.NT_FILE);
        file.addNode("jcr:content", NodeTypeConstants.NT_OAK_UNSTRUCTURED);
        s.save();

        assertTrue(file.isNodeType(NodeTypeConstants.MIX_CREATED));
        assertTrue(file.hasProperty(NodeTypeConstants.JCR_CREATEDBY));
        assertTrue(file.hasProperty(NodeTypeConstants.JCR_CREATED));
    }