Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Adam Brown <ga...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/01 19:27:00 UTC

Single SSL Certificate per Thread

Hi all,

I have a keystore configuration where JMeter loops through 9,999 certificates in a JKS to send HTTP Requests to the server. Currently, JMeter uses a different certificate from the keystore for each request. I want each thread to only use one certificate for all of the requests in the loop. I searched and didn't see anything specific on here or anywhere.

What I want to happen (simplified):

Thread 1-1 uses the test1 certificate to load /home
Thread 1-2 uses the test2 certificate to load /home
Thread 1-1 uses the test1 certificate to load /faq
Thread 1-2 uses the test2 certificate to load /faq
Thread 1-1 uses the test1 certificate to load /account
Thread 1-2 uses the test2 certificate to load /account

What's happening now is:

Thread 1-1 uses the test1 certificate to load /home
Thread 1-2 uses the test2 certificate to load /home
Thread 1-1 uses the test3 certificate to load /faq
Thread 1-2 uses the test4 certificate to load /faq
Thread 1-1 uses the test5 certificate to load /account
Thread 1-2 uses the test6 certificate to load /account

Also, for clarification, my HTTP Cache Manager and HTTP Cookie Manager is set to clear the cache/cookies on each iteration. Does that mean, for example, that the cache will remain for all requests on thread 1-1 and a separate cache for 2-2? When the user loads /home, they are redirected and the certificate is read, automatically logging them in and sending them to the real home page. I don’t want JMeter threads to have to log in, except for the the first URL in the thread.

The only HTTP Request in uses a variable ${test_url} from a CSV Config to try about 20 URLs in total. Another CSV Config puts the current certificate alias in ${cert_name}. https.use.cached.ssl.context is set to false.

Thanks for any help!