Posted to issues@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2016/05/24 09:42:01 UTC

Re: What kind of policies are used for "Extract Fact Table Distinct Columns" in cube buiding?

What kind of policies are used for "Extract Fact Table Distinct Columns" in
cube buiding?

==> The "extract fact distinct" step will fetch the distinct values of each
dimension (if you select to use dictionary as encoding). Usually the output
of this step is much smaller than source table.

My original hive table has 7+ M records, but I got 5+ M records in the
cube. What is the problem?

==> check whether you use "inner join" or have "filter condition" in the
model definition, that will filter some records.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi