Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "George S." <ge...@mhsoftware.com> on 2012/11/30 18:38:54 UTC

IIS 8/Windows Server 2012

I tried setting up the ISAPI redirector on Windows Server 2012. I was
doing pretty good, but the Windows event log says that loading the
module failed because the RegisterModule entry point was not defined.

I did a quick search, and it looks like modules must define this entry
point for initialization.

I'm guessing there's more to making it work than just adding the entry
points :)

Anyhow, is there any support for IIS 8 on the horizon? Am I going about
it the wrong way?

--
George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.

Re: IIS 8/Windows Server 2012

Posted by Jordan Michaels <jo...@viviotech.net>.
Hey Konstantin,

Regarding the connector, have you considered working with Bilal Soylu on
the TomcatIIS project?

http://tomcatiis.riaforge.com/

I believe his is also developed in .NET so you guys may be able to
collaborate and not have to re-invent the wheel in some regards?

Personally, I don't mind having a lot of choices either - I like that
both isapi_redirect and the BonCode Connector exist - but if it could
save you guys some time and effort, it might be worth collaborating?

Just a thought. ;)

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels

Re: IIS 8/Windows Server 2012

Posted by "George S." <ge...@mhsoftware.com>.
On 11/30/12 12:45 PM, Konstantin Preißer wrote:
> Hi George,

Thanks for your response. I figured out that the issue was that when I
installed IIS, I did not explicitly install support for ISAPI modules.
So, when I looked at the Feature Pane in IIS Manager, ISAPI Filters
wasn't showing up.

I installed the ISAPI module support and it works now.

RE: IIS 8/Windows Server 2012

Posted by Konstantin Preißer <ve...@t-online.de>.
Hi George,