Posted to jcs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2007/05/08 01:14:45 UTC

Re: Progress towards a release

Thomas: Can I be so bold as to ask you to apply your new found
CodeWrestler expertise to the JCS trunk?  Doing this would bring us a
step closer to a release.

TIA,

Scott

Posted by Michael Stevens <ms...@etla.org>.
On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 07:10:13PM +0200, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/news.html
>
> I'd suggest to add the line
>
> maven.repo.remote=http://repo1.maven.org/maven
>
> to a build.properties in your home directory as this is not exactly a
> project issue but an issue of your environment. (No, Maven 1.1 won't
> help, it will fix this but break other things...)

Yep, it's that one :) I've easily fixed it locally, but I think JCS
has maven.repo.remote in its tree (and it does), it should be
something that actually lets you retrieve the dependencies that JCS
needs.

Why make everyone who build JCS set the same property when it could be
defined once?

Michael

Re: Progress towards a release

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Michael Stevens wrote:
> Did you fix the bug where it can't be build with an empty maven1
> repository as the repo url has changed?
I didn't fix any bugs. The whole process was about fulfilling legal
requirements and a few formatting issues. I suspect, however that you
are facing something like this:

http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/news.html

I'd suggest to add the line

maven.repo.remote=http://repo1.maven.org/maven

to a build.properties in your home directory as this is not exactly a
project issue but an issue of your environment. (No, Maven 1.1 won't
help, it will fix this but break other things...)

Bye, Thomas.

Re: Progress towards a release

Posted by Michael Stevens <ms...@etla.org>.
On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 08:17:53AM +1000, Scott Eade wrote:
> Thomas was just fixing the licenses in the source headers as per the
> previous discussions where we are working towards a JCS release.  Thanks
> Thomas!

I only mentioned it to Thomas because he also said it was building
fine.

Fixing the licenses is good.

> I think the only reason the maven repository isn't being generally
> applied and committed is that there is an expectation that the central
> ibiblio repository will be repaired at some stage.  I can't see too much
> harm in updating JCS, et al to use the interim location - just as long
> as we remove it once ibiblio's repository is back in action.

I didn't realise the ibiblio repository was planned to move back.

I'm just keen that it be as easy as possible to build things.

Michael

Re: Progress towards a release

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.

Posted by Michael Stevens <ms...@etla.org>.

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> Scott Eade wrote:
>> Thomas: Can I be so bold as to ask you to apply your new found
>> CodeWrestler expertise to the JCS trunk?  Doing this would bring us a
>> step closer to a release.
> I'll give it a try, but won't make it before weekend.

I managed to squeeze it in. The license has been added to 251 files and
replaced in 326 files. The headers have been reformatted and all
trailing blanks removed.

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.