Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/09 03:47:49 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Science and Healthcare Track @ApacheCon NA 2015

Hi Folks,

Apologies for cross posting :(

As some of you may already know, @ApacheCon NA 2015 is happening in Austin,
TX April 13th-16th.

This email is specifically written to attract all folks interested in
Science and Healthcare... this is an official call to arms! I am aware that
there are many Science and Healthcare-type people also lingering in the
Apache Semantic Web communities so this one is for all of you folks as well.

Over a number of years the Science track has been emerging as an attractive
and exciting, at times mind blowing non-traditional track running alongside
the resident HTTP server, Big Data, etc tracks. The Semantic Web Track is
another such emerging track which has proved popular. This year we want to
really get the message out there about how much Apache technology is
actually being used in Science and Healthcare. This is not *only* aimed at
attracting members of the communities below
<http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA2015ContentCommittee#Target_Projects>
but also at potentially attracting a brand new breed of conference
participants to ApacheCon <https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheCon> and
the Foundation e.g. Scientists who love Apache. We are looking for
exciting, invigorating, obscure, half-baked, funky, academic, practical and
impractical stories, use cases, experiments and down right successes alike
from within the Science domain. The only thing they need to have in common
is that they consume, contribute towards, advocate, disseminate or even
commercialize Apache technology within the Scientific domain and would be
relevant to that audience. It is fully open to interest whether this track
be combined with the proposed *healthcare track*... if there is interest to
do this then we can rename this track to Science and Healthcare. In essence
one could argue that they are one and the same however I digress [image: :)]

What I would like those of you that are interested to do, is to merely
check out the scope and intent of the Apache in Science content curation
which is currently ongoing and to potentially register your interest.

https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA2015ContentCommittee#Apache_in_Science

I would love to see the Science and Healthcare track be THE BIGGEST track
@ApacheCon, and although we have some way to go, I'm sure many previous
track participants will tell you this is not to missed.

We are looking for content from a wide variety of Scientific use cases all
related to Apache technology.
Thanks in advance and I look forward to seeing you in Austin.
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Science and Healthcare Track @ApacheCon NA 2015

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hey Claude,
I know your name well from having spent quite a bit of time over in
Jena-dev (mostly observing) over last year.
I am sitting on the Apache Travel Assistance Committee which is created and
operating to cater exactly for people like yourself.
I would highly encourage you to apply for travel assistance for ApacheCon
NA 2015
Please check out the TAC website at http://apache.org/travel before
applying.
Thanks, I wish you all the very best with your application and look forward
to seeing you in Austin.
Lewis

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
Lewis,