Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> on 2008/03/04 23:54:42 UTC

Re: number of received emails different to that set in the 'send count-per-min' setting ##do_not_enrich##

Ilan Bowen wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I recently installed and configured James and Postage on two separate
> windows servers in a test environment.
>
> I have successfully managed to send a test message from Postage, relaying
> via the James server to a third server (Exchange) and I receive the message
> without a problem.
>
> I have configured the scenario in the postage.xml file with user internal
> and external value of "1" and set the send count-per-min value to "1" also.
>
> I am expecting in this scenario to receive only one email at the destination
> address, however for some reason I receive two emails, one 6K and the other
> 8K.
>
> When changing the send count-per-min value to a higher value, I always
> receive at least one or two more emails at the destination address than I
> set here.
>
> Any ideas?

This is a known problem. At least to me. I thought it was publicly
documented in our JIRA issue tracker, but it isn't yet. Maybe you would
like to create one?

I never figured what was wrong but I suspect this is some race condition
or mis-counting.

I will have a Postage dev session later this year where I will look into
this.

Thanks for using Postage. :-)

for questions like this. Please move completely over to this list when
you'd reply and drop site-dev@.

   Bernd