Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/09/01 01:22:00 UTC

Re: Glue licensing

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 04:39, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The license for Glue Standard has changed since when I first uploaded
> the Glue block.
>

> http://www.themindelectric.com/glue/index.html?../products.header.html&lice
>nsing.html&../bottom.html
>
> I am not sure if we are precluded from distributing classes compiled
> against a set of jars we are not distributing.  "integrating" in the
> second bulleted section is the bit I am unsure about.

Yep - we definetly are restricted by that dot point. But I believe that means
we can not distribute Glue. I am not sure there is any problem distributing
things linked against glue.

> Any advice?  Do we have to remove the Glue block, and probably
> soapification too?

Up to you. Ideally it would be nice to have one block "BlockCollector" that
collected all the blocks together and there could be multiple "publishers".
ie SOmething like

<!-- define the listener that collects references to all blocks -->
<listener name="ignored" class="BlockCollectorListener"/>

<!-- define the block that the listener sends list of collected blocks to -->
<block name="collector" class="BlockCollector"/>

<!-- define a publisher -->
<block name="ignored2" class="GluePublisher">
   <provide name="collector"
            role="org.apache.avalon.BlockList" />
</block>

<!-- define a publisher -->
<block name="ignored3" class="AltrmiPublisher">
   <provide name="collector"
            role="org.apache.avalon.BlockList" />
</block>

<!-- define a publisher -->
<block name="ignored3" class="RmiPublisher">
   <provide name="collector"
            role="org.apache.avalon.BlockList" />
</block>

etc