Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by ct clmsn <ct...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/15 15:40:41 UTC

mesos cpuset isolator module available

I've completed a mesos module to support cgroups cpusets. This work is
related to a JIRA ticket that I posted last spring (MESOS-5342). Apologies
for the long delay wrapping up the implementation.

https://github.com/ct-clmsn/mesos-cpusets

If you test it out, have issues, or want to make improvements, please post
to github - I've done some very simple/trivial testing.

Chris

Re: mesos cpuset isolator module available

Posted by ct clmsn <ct...@gmail.com>.
Charles,

The software ensures the core - numa (memory controller) pairing is on the
same package. That said, if circumstances dictate that the algorithm has to
pick a core paired to a different numa domain, then the task will be
permitted to interact with two numa domains. This is a tetris problem - the
scheduling algorithm is implemented to minimize these types of situations.

Chris

Posted by Charles Allen <ch...@metamarkets.com>.

Posted by Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,

Zhitao Li

Re: mesos cpuset isolator module available

Posted by ct clmsn <ct...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
thanks for your sharing. v5

--