Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pedro Salazar <pe...@ptinovacao.pt> on 2003/09/26 13:47:28 UTC

scope: request, session and application - when to use?

Greetings,

Axis defines 3 levels of scope that I would like to understand it well:

Request - the default, will create a new object each time a SOAP request
comes in for your service.
Application - will create a singleton shared object to service all
requests.
Session - will create a new object for each session-enabled client who
accesses your service.

Since JAXRPC is implemented through a servlet, usually (in SUN JAXRPC
R.I.), the web service also implements the interface
javax.xml.rpc.server.ServiceLifecycle, for initialization of datasources
or lookup of ejb.

In this situation, how should be the scope?

For instance, in the request scope, there will be a initialization every
time?

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.
--