Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Jeroen Kransen <je...@kransen.nl> on 2012/07/13 10:08:17 UTC

Statements about Model

Hello, I would like to make statements about a Model, like giving it
an identifier value or geo location, so I can query where the triple
store is located. If this is not possible, making a statement about
the Dataset would be second best. How could this be done?

Jeroen

Re: Statements about Model

Posted by Ian Dickinson <ia...@epimorphics.com>.
On 13/07/12 10:05, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 13/07/12 09:08, Jeroen Kransen wrote:
>> Hello, I would like to make statements about a Model, like giving it
>> an identifier value or geo location, so I can query where the triple
>> store is located. If this is not possible, making a statement about
>> the Dataset would be second best. How could this be done?
>>
>> Jeroen
>>

> Give the model a URI, make statements using that URI.
>
> Ideally, put the model on the web at that URI.
>
> (ditto datasets)

Following up on Andy's suggestion, I typically use the model URI as the
label for a named graph in my TDB store. Also, making the model resource
rdf:type void:Dataset is a common practice.

Ian

Re: Statements about Model

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 13/07/12 09:08, Jeroen Kransen wrote:
> Hello, I would like to make statements about a Model, like giving it
> an identifier value or geo location, so I can query where the triple
> store is located. If this is not possible, making a statement about
> the Dataset would be second best. How could this be done?
>
> Jeroen

Give the model a URI, make statements using that URI.

Ideally, put the model on the web at that URI.

(ditto datasets)

	Andy