Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Shawn Castrianni <Sh...@halliburton.com> on 2009/05/26 00:29:48 UTC

ivy buildlist task

I am trying to programmatically build up a list of build.xml files to pass into the ivy:buildlist task.  My problem is that since this is generated dynamically, I don't know how to create a dynamically generated fileset to pass to the buildlist command.  If all build.xml files had a common parent directory, then I could create an includes property dynamically and then specify a single fileset with the common parent directory and the dynamically generated includes property.  However, I can't guarantee that all build.xml files will have a common parent directory.  I would normally accomplish this with multiple filesets, but that cannot be done dynamically.  Therefore, the only thing I can think of is to enhance the buildlist command and allow a path to be specified along with a fileset.  A path can dynamically be generated since a path can be appended to using the refid AND a path does not enforce a single common parent directory for all build.xml files.

Any ideas?

---
Shawn Castrianni

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

RE: ivy buildlist task

Posted by Shawn Castrianni <Sh...@halliburton.com>.
I think I have just realized that buildlist does not work properly unless you have ALL modules available for it to parse.  Otherwise, buildlist should be a post resolve task since resolution information would be the only way to get such information between non-direct dependencies.

In other words, if I have a 200 module system, and I give buildlist 5 module descriptors at random, buildlist will fail to give me the proper order unless all 5 modules are directly dependent on each other.  Am I correct??  Will I have to parse the cache myself?

---
Shawn Castrianni