Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/19 05:28:06 UTC

need you recommendation

Hi all,
My name is amir sanjar at Canonical. I am planing to evaluate or should I
better say re-evaluate big-top hadoop stack (loved release 0.5.0 ). What
version of bigtop would you consider to be the most stable version to start
with?
many thanks in advance for your help

Re: need you recommendation

Posted by Giridharan Kesavan <gk...@hortonworks.com>.
Every Apache Bigtop released stack is integration tested. Your choice should be based on the version of the stack components that you are looking for, and not Apache Bigtop version itself.

From: "MrAsanjar ."
Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 9:28 PM
To: "user@bigtop.apache.org<ma...@bigtop.apache.org>"
Subject: need you recommendation

Re: need you recommendation

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Also, building bigtop from source is reasonably easy, and fun, and you get
the latest and greatest (spark 1.2+ and so on).  so don't count that out !
I know releases are nice and give you a warm fuzzy feeling, but i think
thebig value add of bigtop is that you can build all the components from
scratch and test them with a the strength of the community  behind you

--
jay vyas

Re: need you recommendation

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.