Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matt Parlane <ma...@zevi.net> on 2002/02/22 00:42:31 UTC

Passing certain requests to another webserver

Huwo...

I'm pretty new to Apache, and I have a question...

Can Apache be set up to forward requests for a certain domain name to
another webserver on another IP address so that all content for that domain
passes through it?

The reason is that we are still running some ASP sites (I know, I know...)
on our development server on the internal network (not connected to the
internet), and I want people from outside the network (ie on the internet)
to be able to access the sites.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Matt

Re: Passing certain requests to another webserver

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
Yes, what you want is a reverse proxy (ProxyPass, ProxyPassReverse)

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html

http://www.webtechniques.com/archives/1998/05/engelschall/