Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/04 21:21:41 UTC

ios7 overlapping status bar

hi folks,

i am facing the problem that ios7 overlaps my cordova app.
I already googled and found some people are hacking things in obj-c:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18886195/ios-7-status-bar-overlapping-ui

I would prefer not to hack in obj-c. First, lack of skills, second I
don't want
to commit the xcode project to scm but let cordova generate it.

Is this issue known or are there even any recommendations how to address
it without hacking Cordova?

Thanks!
Christian

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

Re: ios7 overlapping status bar

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Yes!

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Ok got it running. Thanks for the pointers.

I would love to see this in the docs. Any interest in a patch?

On 4 Dec 2013, at 22:04, Shazron wrote:

> Yeah there have been blog posts about it. Also see:
>
> 1. https://gist.github.com/shazron/6602131
> 2.
> http://shazronatadobe.wordpress.com/2013/10/15/cordova-ios-and-ios-7-support/
> 3.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4918?focusedCommentId=13782197&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13782197
>

> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey Christian,
>>
>> I think Icenium did a good summary on their blog.
>>
>> http://www.icenium.com/blog/icenium-team-blog/2013/11/07/everything-hybrid-web-apps-need-to-know-about-the-status-bar-in-ios7
>>
>> It points to some of the work shaz has done around the iOS status bar
>> problem.
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Christian Grobmeier
>> <grobmeier@gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> hi folks,
>>>
>>> i am facing the problem that ios7 overlaps my cordova app.
>>> I already googled and found some people are hacking things in obj-c:
>>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18886195/ios-7-
>>> status-bar-overlapping-ui
>>>
>>> I would prefer not to hack in obj-c. First, lack of skills, second I
>> don't
>>> want
>>> to commit the xcode project to scm but let cordova generate it.
>>>
>>> Is this issue known or are there even any recommendations how to
>>> address
>>> it without hacking Cordova?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Christian