Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Uwe Pleyer <uw...@up-soft.de> on 2001/06/27 10:50:11 UTC

Turbine-Torque + JBoss

Hallo folks,

I'am very impressed on the Torque part of Turbine. The ease of use of
the generated Peer Classes and the resulting clean Design on Objects
insteed of an summary of JDBC-Calls are great.

I want to use this Part of Turbine as Part of same EJB-EntityBeans to
implement the persistence mechanics. Therefore I know that I need an
TurbineConfig Object wich will be initialized first.

Now my questions:

- Can the TurbineConfig run outside the environment of an
Servlet-Container?
- Can I use the Peer-Classes whithout initializing TurbineConfig when I
provide the Connection directly to the Peer.doSelect(crit,con) etc.?
- Did anyone use the Peer-Classes inside an EJB-Container?

Thanks in advance
Uwe

Re: Turbine-Torque + JBoss

Posted by Saimon Moore <sa...@yahoo.co.uk>.
El Vie 13 Jul 2001 14:56, escribiste:
> > If somebody is interestet I can send in the Service-Classes for JBoss.
> >
> > Uwe
>
> Uwe, I am interested.  Can you send me the files?
>
> john@eagleinfosystems.com

me too...

saimonmoore@yahoo.co.uk

RE: Turbine-Torque + JBoss

Posted by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com>.

Re: Turbine-Torque + JBoss

Posted by Uwe Pleyer <uw...@up-soft.de>.
Hallo,

thanks to all the help, I've fixed the Problem with a small
Service-Class which is pluged into JBoss.

So at JBoss startup the TurbineFramework is initialized and subsequent
calls from EJB-Beans work correctly.

The only Problem now is, that that Mapping Classes must be depoyed in
the JBoss Classpath, it would be more convienent to have them in the
EJB-Deployment.jar file. I think thats an problem of the JBoss
Classloader, but I think I'll find a solution for that also.

Re: Turbine-Torque + JBoss

Posted by Vidakovic Aleksandar <sp...@gmx.net>.
Salut Uwe,

you don't have to run Turbine in a servlet container to use the torque
part. You can run it in a standalone mode. I use torque and the om stuff
in an ant task....

Example:

public class ImportTask extends Task {

   public void initTurbine()
   {
       if(standalone)
       {
           TurbineConfig tc = new
TurbineConfig(turbineconfig,"TurbineResources.properties");
           tc.init();
       }
   }

   public void execute () throws BuildException {
          initTurbine();

          ImportExhibitor importExhibitor = new ImportExhibitor();

         importExhibitor.setPublisherExhibitorId( "" );
         importExhibitor.setFairId( convertFairId( "" );
         importExhibitor.setOpptyId( results.getString( "" );

         importExhibitor.save();

}

Hope this helps (at least partly...),

Aleksandar

RE: Turbine-Torque + JBoss

Posted by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com>.
Uwe, I have been experimenting with an Open Source project called ejbdoclet
you can find it at SourceForge.  It does what you want - generate the EJB's
for a project.  You have to make a skeleton class that contains special tags
used by the ejbdoclet program then you use Ant to build the remote
interface, home interface and bean classes.  It's about as close to
autogeneration as I think is possible with EJB's.  EJB's tend to do more
than just execute SQL so I think autogeneration of "Peer-like" EJB's will
have limited value. (A developer will probably need a more customized bean
to be usefull)

--john