Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Barnes <jb...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/14 21:28:44 UTC

trunk build broken?

Here's a synopsis of my experience building from svn.

$ svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x httpd-2.2.x

$ cd httpd-2.2.x
$ ./buildconf

You don't have a copy of the apr source in srclib/apr.
Please get the source using the following instructions,
or specify the location of the source with
--with-apr=[path to apr] :

   svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk srclib/apr

You don't have a copy of the apr-util source in srclib/apr-util.
Please get one the source using the following instructions,
or specify the location of the source with
--with-apr-util=[path to apr-util]:

   svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/trunk srclib/apr-util

$ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk srclib/apr

$ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/trunk srclib/apr-util
svn: URL 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/trunk' doesn't exist

So I grabbed the latest release instead.

$ svn http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x srclib/apr-util

$ ./buildconf

found apr source: srclib/apr
found apr-util source: srclib/apr-util

$ ./configure

Applying apr-util hints file rules for i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for APR... configure: error: the --with-apr parameter is incorrect. It must specify an install prefix, a build directory, or an apr-config file.
configure failed for srclib/apr-util

Re: trunk build broken?

Posted by Guenter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi Jeff,
Jeff Barnes schrieb:
> Here's a synopsis of my experience building from svn.
>
> $ svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x httpd-2.2.x

> $ cd httpd-2.2.x
> $ ./buildconf
>

> You don't have a copy of the apr source in srclib/apr.
> Please get the source using the following instructions,
> or specify the location of the source with
> --with-apr=[path to apr] :
>
>    svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk srclib/apr
you need to checkout apr 1.3.x branch, not trunk

> You don't have a copy of the apr-util source in srclib/apr-util.
> Please get one the source using the following instructions,
> or specify the location of the source with
> --with-apr-util=[path to apr-util]:
>
>    svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/trunk srclib/apr-util
you need to checkout apr-util 1.3.x branch, not trunk

Script to checkout:
#!/bin/sh
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x
httpd-2.2.x
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.3.x
httpd-2.2.x/srclib/apr
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/branches/1.3.x
httpd-2.2.x/srclib/apr-util

Script to update:
#!/bin/sh
echo "Updating httpd-2.2.x from SVN ..."
svn up httpd-2.2.x
echo "Updating apr-1.3.x from SVN ..."
svn up httpd-2.2.x/srclib/apr
echo "Updating apr-util-1.3.x from SVN ..."
svn up httpd-2.2.x/srclib/apr-util

Günter.