Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Dave <no...@tasit.net> on 2016/10/10 06:57:37 UTC

Reinstall 4.1.3 Forbidden.

It is no longer possible to reinstall/repair a 4.1.3 installation under
Window without uninstalling first.
Not a release blocker for 4.1.4 but definitely a fix worth considering.

Re: Reinstall 4.1.3 Forbidden.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 08:57:37 +0200
Dave <no...@tasit.net> wrote:

> It is no longer possible to reinstall/repair a 4.1.3 installation under
> Window without uninstalling first.
> Not a release blocker for 4.1.4 but definitely a fix worth considering.
>
> --

For information: no such problem with 4.1.43 on Xubuntu 16.04
--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Reinstall 4.1.3 Forbidden.

Posted by Pedro <pe...@openmailbox.org>.
> Tested on a couple of other machines and reinstall/repair worked OK.
> Cleaned AOO off the original Win 7 Ult x64 machine (incl. profile) and
> installed, now reinstall/repair works there also.
> Must have been a local glitch. Sorry for the noise.

No problem. Unfortunately it is almost impossible to replicate and
eliminate all glitches...
Thank you for reporting back, your solution might be useful to others.

Pedro

Re: Reinstall 4.1.3 Forbidden.

Posted by Dave <no...@tasit.net>.
On 10.10.2016 11:37, Pedro wrote:
> On 10-10-2016 07:57, Dave wrote:
>> It is no longer possible to reinstall/repair a 4.1.3 installation under
>> Window without uninstalling first.
>> Not a release blocker for 4.1.4 but definitely a fix worth considering.
>
> I can not confirm your observation under Windows 7 Pro x64.
> Which Windows version are you referring to?
>
> Do you mean that you were able to do something in 4.1.2 but not in 4.1.3?
> Can you describe the steps you took, what happened and what you
> expected to happen?
>
> Maybe you can open a report in Bugzilla?
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/

Tested on a couple of other machines and reinstall/repair worked OK.
Cleaned AOO off the original Win 7 Ult x64 machine (incl. profile) and
installed, now reinstall/repair works there also.
Must have been a local glitch. Sorry for the noise.

Dave

Re: Reinstall 4.1.3 Forbidden.

Posted by Pedro <pe...@openmailbox.org>.