Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/18 20:51:41 UTC

What is the command to check out the 10.3 branch?

Hi -

I need to port a commit that I made to the trunk to the
10.3 branch. Can someone tell me the scn co command to check
out the 10.3 branch?

--
Laura Stewart

Re: What is the command to check out the 10.3 branch?

Posted by John Embretsen <Jo...@Sun.COM>.
It is probably worth noting that you can find out the exact URL to a particular
part of the repository by browsing to it, for example by starting at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/ in a web browser. This is also a
useful way to get to know the structure of our repository (the same repository
is shared for all parts of the Derby project that is under version control, I
believe).

For browsing the actual contents of the files in the repository, and for
examining what was done when, by whom and in which checkins, I recommend ViewVC,
at http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/ .

--
John

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.
I got this to work:

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kim Haase <Ca...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> So there is no distinction between 10.3.1.5 and 10.3.2.0?

There is a distinction, but those are just positions along the
same 10.3 branch.

Each such version number is directly associated with a particular
point in the history of the branch. Those points can be determined,
if it is necessary, by looking at the release information on the
web site.

But usually you just want to work with the latest revision on the
10.3 branch.

thanks,

bryan

Re: What is the command to check out the 10.3 branch?

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.