Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Eric Everman <ev...@precedadesign.com> on 2004/11/05 01:39:58 UTC

TablePages.jwc parsing error

Hi-

I'm having a problem with the Table contrib component.  I'm working
with Tapestry 3.0.1 on Windows with JDeveloper and I'm getting the
error below when the page with the Table attempts to render.  I saw one
other Tap User post with this issue, but there was no response to the
question.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,
Eric Everman

==================== Copied from Exception Page =======================

Could not parse specification
classpath:/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/table/components/TablePages.jwc.

classloader:/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/table/components/
TablePages.jwc<Line 41, Column 26>: XML-0139: (Error) ID value
'informal' is not unique.

columnNumber:  	26
lineNumber: 	41
systemId:
	classloader:/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/table/components/
TablePages.jwc
Stack Trace:

     * oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLError.flushErrorHandler(XMLError.java:226)
     * oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLError.flushErrors1(XMLError.java:162)
     *
oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseDocument(NonValidatingPars
er.java:276)
     * oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:149)
     * org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1548)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.parse.SpecificationParser.parse(SpecificationParser.
java:642)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.parse.SpecificationParser.parseComponentSpecificatio
n(SpecificationParser.java:601)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.engine.DefaultSpecificationSource.parseSpecification
(DefaultSpecificationSource.java:163)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.engine.DefaultSpecificationSource.getComponentSpecif
ication(DefaultSpecificationSource.java:275)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.engine.Namespace.locateComponentSpecification(Namesp
ace.java:286)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.engine.Namespace.getComponentSpecification(Namespace
.java:202)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.resolver.ComponentSpecificationResolver.resolve(Comp
onentSpecificationResolver.java:156)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.resolver.ComponentSpecificationResolver.resolve(Comp
onentSpecificationResolver.java:118)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.constructComponent(PageLoader.ja
va:475)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.createImplicitComponent(PageLoad
er.java:576)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponentTemplateLoader.createImplicitComponent(
BaseComponentTemplateLoader.java:295)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponentTemplateLoader.process(BaseComponentTem
plateLoader.java:237)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponentTemplateLoader.process(BaseComponentTem
plateLoader.java:172)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponent.readTemplate(BaseComponent.java:100)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponent.finishLoad(BaseComponent.java:135)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.constructComponent(PageLoader.ja
va:519)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.loadPage(PageLoader.java:764)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageSource.getPage(PageSource.java:152)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.getPage(RequestCycle.java:195)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.engine.PageService.service(PageService.java:73)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.service(AbstractEngine.java:
872)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doService(ApplicationServlet.java
:197)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doGet(ApplicationServlet.java:
158)
     * javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
     * javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
     *
com.evermind.server.http.ResourceFilterChain.doFilter(ResourceFilterChai
n.java:65)
     * oracle.security.jazn.oc4j.JAZNFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
     *
com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestD
ispatcher.java:604)
     *
com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(Servle
tRequestDispatcher.java:317)
     *
com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHa
ndler.java:790)
     *
com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:
270)
     *
com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:
112)
     *
com.evermind.util.ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor$MyWorker.run(Releasab
leResourcePooledExecutor.java:192)
     * java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Re: TablePages.jwc parsing error

Posted by Marcus Brito <mb...@gmail.com>.
I think I've read a post in jdom-interest or some other XML related
list that the OC4J XML parser is somewhat b0rk3d. Try looking for
instructions on how to substitute this parser with, let's say, Xerces.

-- Marcus Brito