Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2008/11/16 15:27:47 UTC

ASF Request for Functionality

Calling all people who'd like to be a part of the effort to finish the
implementation of CRMSFA in OFBiz!

I'm sure that everyone knows the history of the CRMSFA application in
OFBiz and other derivative applications, so I won't go into that
detail here, but needless to say, we've had a request to complete the
CRMSFA application in OFBiz by the ASF for internal use (and we've got
almost all of the pieces sitting there already).  As many of you know,
this is a pretty big deal and this discussion continued into other
realms as the ASF wants to eat their own dog food, and OFBiz happens
to be the best platform for building these vertical applications.

We have a number of resources that could be ready to go on this and
will offer to dedicate someone to help drive the process (as this
tends to help).  We'd start / continue driving this thru JIRA, but
it'd be nice to know what other people in the community might want to
be a part of this so that it can be more coordinated.  Looking forward
to hearing feedback and excitement over this neat opportunity!

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: ASF Request for Functionality

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Wayne (and Pierre),

Insight and ideas are exactly what we need right now.

There are two forms you might consider using to write up your thoughts:

1. general functionality/capability statements
2. process stories

There are sections for each of these in a document on the OFBiz docs
site:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBREQDES/Story+of+Apache+Software+Foundation

which is part of a more general business process library effort:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBREQDES/Universal+Business+Process+Library+Index

The first link is fairly specifically for the ASF, since that is our
first target audience, but feel free to submit things (as comments
there, or as an email to this mailing list) that are more general. If
there is too much stuff that doesn't really fit with the ASF, then
we'll just create another story page for it!

-David

Posted by Wayne Moses Burke <wa...@openforumfoundation.org>.
Pierre,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thanks David - this is accurate.  The thing that I'm not sure about is
#3 - the foundation management part.  This might be angled towards
their request for the CRM application - but when Aaron and I discussed
it - it seemed more like traditional CRM rather than foundation
management.  Anyways, more discussion is necessary there - but thanks
again for putting the pen to paper on all of this.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert