Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by so...@business.com on 2001/11/09 00:32:34 UTC

nonalpha numberic characters

My search works for At&t with the ampersand in the middle.  However it
doesn't work for e-commerce with the dash in the middle.  Anything I have to
do with the analyzers/filters to fix this?  Thanks.

-scott

Re: nonalpha numberic characters

Posted by "Robert J. Lebowitz" <le...@finaltouch.com>.
Yes... you should extend one of the standard analyzers and provide a
mechanism to include the dash (-) within words.  Use this analyzer to index
and search.

Rob