Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/28 02:12:18 UTC

Avatica handling of connection state

Right now Meta has no call for creating connection objects on the server
side. Instead, we implicitly create them the first time a given ID is used
down in JdbcMeta#prepareAndExecute. How should we be handling connection
state handoff? AvaticaConnection has a number of private fields that should
be mirrored over to the Connection instance on the server side: autoCommit,
readOnly, transactionIsolation come to mind.

I'm thinking we should add an explicit createConnection method where these
can be passed along, and also provide a connectionSync kind of method where
the client can send over updated connection state. Is there reason to
support individual RPC's for each connection property?

Thanks,
Nick

Re: Avatica handling of connection state

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
Makes sense. Here's a first pass:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-655

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@hydromatic.net>.