Posted to users@maven.apache.org by asookazian <as...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/02 07:33:43 UTC

Re: how does Maven determine which version to download for a plugin when no version specified

Thanks!

I was able to locate the following relevant XML snippet in pom-4.0.0.xml for
Maven 2.2.1 in the maven-2.2.1-uber.jar:

<plugin>
           <version>1.3</version>
         </plugin>

For Maven 3 beta 1 there is no *uber.jar (it's modularized like Seam 3 and
Spring 3).

Where is the equivalent to pom-4.0.0.xml located in Maven 3 JAR?  i.e. which
JAR and what path and filename?  thx.

Re: how does Maven determine which version to download for a plugin when no version specified

Posted by asookazian <as...@gmail.com>.
answer here:
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/resource-filtering-sect-properties.html

Re: how does Maven determine which version to download for a plugin when no version specified

Posted by asookazian <as...@gmail.com>.
Where are the variables (properties?) defined?

e.g. <finalName>${project.artifactId}-${project.version}</finalName>

Re: how does Maven determine which version to download for a plugin when no version specified

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
This svn path should help you figure that out:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/maven-3/trunk/maven-model-builder/src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/model/pom-4.0.0.xml?view=markup

/Anders