Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Birendar Waldiya <bw...@cisco.com> on 2006/05/14 08:58:30 UTC

BUG or NOt : POI Horrors!

Hi ,
Dont know wether this is a bug or not if bug dont know where to report !
Using POI 2.5 version for reading and  parsing data from a excel sheet.
Especially the date coulmn. Initially this is on mm/dd/yyyy and
correctly parsed by the POI apis.  Now I chage the date format to
dd-mmm-yyyy  by right clink and select the format And try to  read the same
excel
data with the date. Now this start appearing as Number. No mattter What I do
now this will keep on parsed as number only Not date.

Am I doing anything wrong or is this the problem with POI api's .

Please suggest

Thanks
Birendar S Waldiya