Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Code Captain <co...@googlemail.com> on 2008/08/18 09:05:16 UTC

multiple third-level-domains in single web-app

Hi,
We are using Tomcat 6 and want to be able to dynamically create/simulate
third level domain for each user (like blog engines do).
  tom.myportal.com
  dick.myportal.com
  harry.myportal.com

The user will choose third level domain, and this will be his hosted portal.

One idea I had is to use a servlet filter, and extracting {tom} from the
'host' on each request. Anything better someone could suggest, or a best
practice for this that I am probably unaware of?

Regards
Nick

Re: multiple third-level-domains in single web-app

Posted by Kees Jan Koster <kj...@kjkoster.org>.
Dear Nick,

Does this help, maybe? http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

Rule 1 for being in a hole: stop digging.