Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by eddiec <tw...@hotmail.com> on 2009/12/15 17:07:12 UTC

Re: matching products with suggest feature

I haven't used Lucene are read the Lucene book in quite a while since I
handed over my university thesis quite a few years ago. However I'm
currently building an ecommerce site from an asp skeleton, the current
search and recommendation algorithms are built on limited SQL searches but
I'd like to migrate these to a much more relevant search result producing
index based search. I'd be more keen to go with an out of the box product
but funds are limited and I've already played with all the usual toys like
sphider and found these much to limited and the ecommerce search solutions
very expensive. Since My days of working with Lucene is there any toys to
accomplish this goal floating around the net that integrate with the Lucene
library.

-----
Eddie Crozier AgriEngineering.co.uk -  http://www.agriengineering.co.uk
Vintage Tractor Parts