Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch> on 2002/06/09 10:01:17 UTC

Info on my efforts for the 0.20.4 release

Hi Chrisian and other foppers

Yesterday, I started to work on incorporating Huikang Xu's patch for the
PS renderer. As things go, I've found a pile of things in the PS
renderer I didn't like, so I started to hack around. The good message
is: The PS renderer will get a few improvements (all bug fixes by
Huikang Xu, better DSC compliance, correct image placement, totally
refactored encoding filters that don't throw occasional Exceptions
anymore etc.). The bad message is: It got late last night and I haven't
finished and I won't be able to finish today. So, Christian, if you
manage to get the release candidate out today, go for it. I'll commit my
changes after the final release. Sorry.

Cheers,
Jeremias Maerki

Re: Info on my efforts for the 0.20.4 release

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Jeremias,

I'm pleased to hear this.  I believe that the PS renderer is an
important part of FOP's future.

Peter

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Hi Chrisian and other foppers
>
> Yesterday, I started to work on incorporating Huikang Xu's patch for the
> PS renderer. As things go, I've found a pile of things in the PS
> renderer I didn't like, so I started to hack around. The good message
> is: The PS renderer will get a few improvements (all bug fixes by
> Huikang Xu, better DSC compliance, correct image placement, totally
> refactored encoding filters that don't throw occasional Exceptions
> anymore etc.). The bad message is: It got late last night and I haven't
> finished and I won't be able to finish today. So, Christian, if you
> manage to get the release candidate out today, go for it. I'll commit my
> changes after the final release. Sorry.

P.S. Re: the sudden re-appearance of my .sig.  Don't be alarmed.  I have
just done a clean install of Mozilla 1.0, and rebuilt my prefs.js file
in the process.  This simple action has cleared a couple of
long-standing movemail bugs for me, including the loss of a .signature
file.  Isn't the 1.0 release a mighty achievement?
--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://powerup.com.au/~pbwest
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"