Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Xavier Léauté <xa...@confluent.io> on 2016/11/29 00:40:04 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-96 - Add per partition metrics for in-sync and assigned replica count

Hi,

I created KIP-96 to propose per partition in-sync / assigned replica
metrics. Should be straightforward, but submitting it for proposal since we
require it for metrics changes.

Here's the link to the KIP:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-96+-+Add+per+partition+metrics+for+in-sync+and+assigned+replica+count

Thank you,
Xavier

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-96 - Add per partition metrics for in-sync and assigned replica count

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi Gwen,

At this level, that's probably right, so sounds good (at an implementor's
level, I think it's more subtle).

Ismael

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

--
Gwen Shapira
Product Manager | Confluent

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-96 - Add per partition metrics for in-sync and assigned replica count

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi Xavier,

Posted by Apurva Mehta <ap...@confluent.io>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Xavier Léauté <xa...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
This seems useful, +1

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 5:39 AM Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> wrote:

> Hi Xavier,
>
> Thanks for the KIP. Sounds good to me.
>
> Ismael
>
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 12:40 AM, Xavier Léauté <xa...@confluent.io>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I created KIP-96 to propose per partition in-sync / assigned replica
> > metrics. Should be straightforward, but submitting it for proposal since
> we
> > require it for metrics changes.
> >
> > Here's the link to the KIP:
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-
> > 96+-+Add+per+partition+metrics+for+in-sync+and+assigned+replica+count
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Xavier

Neha

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-96 - Add per partition metrics for in-sync and assigned replica count

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi Xavier,