Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simon Ochsenreither <si...@ochsenreither.de> on 2019/03/14 15:41:10 UTC

Re: [BeanUtils] Release 2.0.0 soonish

Hi Gary,

is there anything that can be done to help addressing the issues that prevent
beanutils2 from being released?
It's blocking the upgrade of a few dozen other open-source libraries, which in
turn causes dependencies on commons-collections v3 all over the place.

Please let me know if I can do anything that helps pushing beanutils2 across the
finish line!

Thanks a lot,

Simon

Re: [BeanUtils] Release 2.0.0 soonish

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

The best thing to do IMO is to go through Jira and Github and address any
issues, especially ones that require breaking binary compatibility. A major
release like this one is the only opportunity we have to make breaking
changes. Let's make sure we take advantage of it.

One issue is whether we should hide Commons Collections type from the
BeanUtils public API. This would avoid future breaks if and when we release
a Commons Collections 5.

I am on vacation this week so you will see me in and out here.

Gary