Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ja...@mail.state.ky.us on 2002/03/11 18:58:26 UTC

A how-to question:

I need to be able to print a table under a landscape type setup but, I would
like
the report flow to print all the columns and then all rows. Another way to
say
it is I may have more columns that will fit on a page so I want the page
breaking
to first break and complete all the columns for the row and then I guess go
back
to start the next row. Anyone have a solution for this?

TIA, Jason

Re: A how-to question:

Posted by Matthew Mastracci <ma...@aclaro.com>.
As far as I can tell, the best way to fit your columns would be to
shrink the PDF, depending on how many columns wide your output is.  I
haven't determined any sort of way to get columns to render across a
 set of horizontally pages while rendering down vertical page breaks at
the same time.  :(

If you fix the height of the columns, however, you could easily tell
where on the next page the columns would be.

Another idea might be to use the area tree XML- you could parse it into
a second XSL:FO to create the horizontal pages across and run it through
FOP again.