Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/14 18:13:40 UTC

Re: Best practice for integrating WSDL-first with existing service implementation

On 6/14/07, Rossmanith, Philipp <ph...@t-systems.es> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an existing service implementation with an existing data model in
> Java that I need to publish in ServiceMix. Initially, I attempted a POJO
> approach where I just put the service binaries into a servicemix-jsr181
> component to establish the service. However, the resulting WSDL is
> bloated, ugly and hard to use for our clients.
>
> Therefore, I created a WSDL-first layer that provides access to the same
> service, but with a leaner and cleaner interface. The ServiceMix tooling
> generated a set of JAXB classes from the WSDL for me.
>
> However, the problem that I am facing now is that the JAXB data model is
> somehow related but not an exact match of my Java data model.
>
> The question is: is there a neat and (rather) easy and customizable way
> of converting between these two models?
>
> For instance, could jibx be a possible solution? (I haven't worked with
> it myself yet...)

I'm not sure I understand your issue. Are you trying to copy from one
Java bean model from the other Java bean model? If so, I'd suggest
Dozer:

http://dozer.sf.net/

It's designed to map between Java bean models and copy recursively
between them.

Is this what you need?

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

RE: Best practice for integrating WSDL-first with existing service implementation

Posted by "Rossmanith, Philipp" <ph...@t-systems.es>.
Hi Bruce,

> I'm not sure I understand your issue. Are you trying to copy from one
> Java bean model from the other Java bean model?
I have an existing Java bean model and a wsgen from WSDL-generated, JAXB
annotated data model.

> If so, I'd suggest
> Dozer:
>
> http://dozer.sf.net/
>
> It's designed to map between Java bean models and copy recursively
> between them.
>
> Is this what you need?
It looks like it could work. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the hint!

Ciao,
Philipp

wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an existing service implementation with an existing data
model in
> > Java that I need to publish in ServiceMix. Initially, I attempted a
POJO
> > approach where I just put the service binaries into a
servicemix-jsr181
> > component to establish the service. However, the resulting WSDL is
> > bloated, ugly and hard to use for our clients.
> >
> > Therefore, I created a WSDL-first layer that provides access to the
same
> > service, but with a leaner and cleaner interface. The ServiceMix
tooling
> > generated a set of JAXB classes from the WSDL for me.
> >
> > However, the problem that I am facing now is that the JAXB data
model is
> > somehow related but not an exact match of my Java data model.
> >
> > The question is: is there a neat and (rather) easy and customizable
way
> > of converting between these two models?
> >
> > For instance, could jibx be a possible solution? (I haven't worked
with
> > it myself yet...)
>
> I'm not sure I understand your issue. Are you trying to copy from one
> Java bean model from the other Java bean model? If so, I'd suggest
> Dozer:
>
> http://dozer.sf.net/
>
> It's designed to map between Java bean models and copy recursively
> between them.
>
> Is this what you need?
>
> Bruce
> --
> perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-
> N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
> );'
>
> Apache Geronimo - http://geronimo.apache.org/
> Castor - http://castor.org/

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. Any unauthorised
copying, use or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.