Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vijay Balakrishnan <bv...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/02 22:49:19 UTC

Using FlinkKinesisConsumer through a proxy

HI,
How do I use FlinkKinesisConsumer using the Properties through a proxy ?
Getting a Connection issue through the proxy.
Works outside the proxy.

Properties kinesisConsumerConfig = new Properties();
        kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSConfigConstants.AWS_REGION,
region);

        if (local) {

kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSConfigConstants.AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID,
accessKey);

kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSConfigConstants.AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY,
secretKey);
        } else {

kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSConfigConstants.AWS_CREDENTIALS_PROVIDER,
"AUTO");
        }

        //only for Consumer

kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(ConsumerConfigConstants.SHARD_GETRECORDS_MAX,
"10000");

kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(ConsumerConfigConstants.SHARD_GETRECORDS_INTERVAL_MILLIS,
"2000");
        FlinkKinesisConsumer<Tuple2<InputMetadata, CameraWithCube>>
kinesisConsumer = new FlinkKinesisConsumer<>(
                "kinesisTopicRead", new Tuple2KinesisSchema(),
kinesisConsumerConfig);
TIA

Re: Using FlinkKinesisConsumer through a proxy

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Good to hear that it's working, thanks for the update!

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018, 4:29 AM Vijay Balakrishnan <bvijaykr@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Gordon,
> Finally figured out my issue.Do not need to add http:// in proxyHost name.
> String proxyHost= "proxy-chain....com";//not http://proxy-chain...com
> kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  +
> "proxyHost", proxyHost);//<== mo http:// in proxyHost name
>
> TIA,
> Vijay
>

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 12:50 AM Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai <tz...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Vijay,
>>
>> I’m pretty sure that this should work with the properties that you
>> provided, unless the AWS Kinesis SDK isn’t working as expected.
>>
>> What I’ve tested is that with those properties, the ClientConfiguration
>> used to build the Kinesis client has the proxy domain / host / ports etc.
>> properly set.
>> And according to [1], this should be enough to configure the constructed
>> Kinesis client to connect via the proxy.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Gordon
>>
>> [1]
>> https://docs.aws.amazon.com/sdk-for-java/v1/developer-guide/section-client-configuration.html
>>

>> On 7 November 2018 at 1:19:02 AM, Vijay Balakrishnan (bvijaykr@gmail.com)
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gordon,
>> This still didn't work :(
>>
>> Tried a few combinations with:
>> kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  +
>> "proxyDomain", "...");
>>
>> inesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  +
>> "proxyHost", "http://.....com");
>>
>> kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  +
>> "proxyPort", "911");
>>
>> kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  +
>> "proxyUsername", "...");
>>
>> kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  +
>> "proxyPassword", "..");
>>
>> kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  +
>> "nonProxyHosts", "
>>

>> How does the FlinkKinesisProducer work so seamlessly through a proxy ?
>> TIA,
>> Vijay
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 6:41 AM Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai <tz...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Since Flink 1.5, you should be able to set all available configurations
>>> on the ClientConfiguration through the consumer Properties (see FLINK-9188
>>> [1]).
>>>
>>> The way to do that would be to prefix the configuration you want to set
>>> with "aws.clientconfig" and add that to the properties, as such:
>>>
>>> ```
>>> Properties kinesisConsumerProps = new Properties();
>>> kinesisConsumerProps.setProperty("aws.clientconfig.proxyHost", ...);
>>> kinesisConsumerProps.setProperty("aws.clientconfig.proxyPort", ...);

Posted by Vijay Balakrishnan <bv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gordon,

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Hi Vijay,

I’m pretty sure that this should work with the properties that you provided, unless the AWS Kinesis SDK isn’t working as expected.

What I’ve tested is that with those properties, the ClientConfiguration used to build the Kinesis client has the proxy domain / host / ports etc. properly set.
And according to [1], this should be enough to configure the constructed Kinesis client to connect via the proxy.

Cheers,
Gordon

[1] https://docs.aws.amazon.com/sdk-for-java/v1/developer-guide/section-client-configuration.html

On 7 November 2018 at 1:19:02 AM, Vijay Balakrishnan (bvijaykr@gmail.com) wrote:

Hi Gordon,
This still didn't work :(

Tried a few combinations with:
kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  + "proxyDomain", "...");
            inesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  + "proxyHost", "http://.....com");
            kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  + "proxyPort", "911");
            kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  + "proxyUsername", "...");
            kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  + "proxyPassword", "..");
            kinesisConsumerConfig.setProperty(AWSUtil.AWS_CLIENT_CONFIG_PREFIX  + "nonProxyHosts", "

Posted by Vijay Balakrishnan <bv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gordon,

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Hi,