Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Richard Li <ri...@blueconic.com> on 2022/09/29 08:49:21 UTC

Hadoop vulnerability in Solr 8.11.2 from scan

Hi,

Our vulnerability scanning tool found a vulnerability from Hadoop in Solr 8.11.2. More specifically, it is introduced through org.apache.solr:solr-core@8.11.2 › org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common@3.2.2. The published vulnerability is listed as CVE-2022-25168: https://lists.apache.org/thread/mxqnb39jfrwgs3j6phwvlrfq4mlox130

This vulnerability is not listed on Solr Security News, but also not under the false positives on the SolrSecurity Confluence page.

We were wondering if this is a real vulnerability for Solr and if in particular Solr 8.11.2 is affected by this vulnerability?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Richard

Re: Hadoop vulnerability in Solr 8.11.2 from scan

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.
Solr shouldn't be affected by CVE-2022-25168 based on the CVE description
here [1]. Solr is only a HDFS client when used in production code. The
Hadoop CVE in question won't be used by Solr code when interacting w/ HDFS
as a client.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/mxqnb39jfrwgs3j6phwvlrfq4mlox130

Kevin Risden

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.