Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Kristoffer Sjögren <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/14 09:27:07 UTC

Force remove table

Hi

I accidentally created a few tables with 'lzo' compression without the jar
dependencies in hbase 0.94.7. This caused havoc on the master which
eventually crashed and now I can't start it again [1].

I tried to remove the tables but I can't - hbase shell is complaining about
the master is not running so i'm stuck.

Is there a way to forcefully delete these tables or any other way to get
the master back up?

Cheers,
-Kristoffer

1. http://pastebin.com/Jprr6j39

Re: Force remove table

Posted by Kristoffer Sjögren <st...@gmail.com>.
The master did start after doing the following from hbase zkcli

$ rmr /hbase/unassigned

After this is was able to use hbase shell to remove the tables.

Thanks guys!

Re: Force remove table

Posted by Dima Spivak <ds...@cloudera.com>.
Kristoffer,

Re: Force remove table

Posted by Samir Ahmic <ah...@gmail.com>.
HI Kristoffer,

Just removing table data from HDFS will leave hbase in inconsistent state.
Yes, you are right you will have to remove table znode from zookeeper to.
This is what would i do in your case:

1. remove table data form hdfs (hadoop fs -rmr /hbase/TABLE_NAME)
2. remove znode from zookeeper (hbase zkcli; rmr /hbase/table/TABLE_NAME)
3. start master (it should start now since offending table is removed)
4, run hbase  hbck  to check state
5. if needed run hbase hbck -repair -repairHoles
6. check zookeeper /hbase/table to see is table is gone if not remove it
again and restart master

This should fix issue

Good luck
Samir