Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Humpty Dumpty <be...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/15 00:56:33 UTC

Failed to load unknown flag 'native_library'

Mesos 0.13

I am trying to build it from source

Wiith

./bootstrap
./configure
make

I ran master with commnad

./mesos-master.sh

I am able to see master UI

Now when i try to start slave on same machine i get error

bin/mesos-slave.sh --master=127.0.0.1:5050

Failed to load unknown flag 'native_library'
Usage: lt-mesos-slave [...]

I have JAVA_HOME set in my system

PS : I was bit confused if this question should go to user or dev list ,
sorry if this is at wrong place.

Re: Failed to load unknown flag 'native_library'

Posted by "OMURA, Shingo" <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hi Humpty,

> This error should no longer occur in Mesos 0.14
please see also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-587

Shingo Omura
Software Architect, Technical Translator / Writer
http://everpeace.github.io

Posted by Charles Reiss <wo...@gmail.com>.
On 9/16/13 15:47 , Humpty Dumpty wrote:
> Hello Charles,
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
> Follow up clarification
>
> When you say unset , does this mean i can just pass this variable as empty
> value when starting master and slave.
>
> bin/mesos-master.sh --MESOS_NATIVE_LIBRARY=""

I mean remove it from the environment variables, as with 'unset
MESOS_NATIVE_LIBRARY' in most shells. There is no 'native_library'-related
flag on mesos-master and mesos-slave. The MESOS_NATIVE_LIBRARY env. var. is
used by the Java bindings for Mesos, and mesos-slave and mesos-master don't
use those.

Posted by Humpty Dumpty <be...@gmail.com>.
Hello Charles,

Posted by Charles Reiss <wo...@gmail.com>.