Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kamholz, Keith (corp-staff) USX" <kk...@moog.com> on 2002/07/25 15:21:56 UTC

Hey everyone,
I've just essentially finished my first struts application, and my boss
doesn't like the fact that the boolean properties associated with checkboxes
must be set to false when going to the form.  He says that it's a pain in
the ass to recheck the boxes every time the bean is edited.  I agree with
him.  Is there any way to get around this issue?  Possibly by modifying or
extending the checkbox class?  I don't know if anyone has tried anything
like this, but any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

~ Keith
http://www.buffalo.edu/~kkamholz

Re:

Posted by Bill Blackmon <bi...@verizon.net>.
Is this correct? I'm just getting into an application and there are lots of
checkboxes
and radio buttons. Records will have to be read for editing and 'true'
values will
have to be reflected in checked checkboxes and selected radio buttons as
well as selected
items in select drop downs. Are there any more limitations in the HTML
properties that
I should be aware of before spending more time going down this path or
should I skip the tag
libraries and do this by hand?

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

MessageResources from ActionForm

Posted by David Wood <dw...@team345.com>.
I saw some posts with this question, but no answer.

How do you access the MessageResources from within an ActionForm,
specifically from the validate method?
I need to test the value of a button that was submitted, but the value
is localized in the messages.  I can test for this from the Action
easily enough, but how do I do the same from the ActionForm.

Thanks

-- dave

Re:

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Kamholz, Keith   (corp-staff) USX wrote:

> Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:21:56 -0400
> From: "Kamholz, Keith   (corp-staff) USX" <kk...@moog.com>
> To: "Struts (E-mail)" <st...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: <html:checkbox>
>
> Hey everyone,
> I've just essentially finished my first struts application, and my boss
> doesn't like the fact that the boolean properties associated with checkboxes
> must be set to false when going to the form.  He says that it's a pain in
> the ass to recheck the boxes every time the bean is edited.  I agree with
> him.  Is there any way to get around this issue?  Possibly by modifying or
> extending the checkbox class?  I don't know if anyone has tried anything
> like this, but any input would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks!

In the reset() method of your form bean, set the corresponding boolean
properties to false.

> ~ Keith
> http://www.buffalo.edu/~kkamholz

Craig