Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jihyun Suh <jh...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/05 06:43:55 UTC

Fwd: I have some errors to run hql from shell script

I have a problem to run hql from shell script.

I can run partition query just like "use myDB; show partitions myTbl;" But
I have a problem count query just like "use myDB; select count(*) from
myTbl where date=20141102;" I have these error messages for it.

How can I run my count hive query in shell script?
 ------------------------------

Time taken: 2.031 seconds Total MapReduce jobs = 1

Launching Job 1 out of 1 Number of reduce tasks determined at compile time:
1

In order to change the average load for a reducer (in bytes):

 set hive.exec.reducers.bytes.per.reducer=<number>

In order to limit the maximum number of reducers:

  set hive.exec.reducers.max=<number>

In order to set a constant number of reducers:

  set mapred.reduce.tasks=<number>

java.io.FileNotFoundException:

Re: Fwd: I have some errors to run hql from shell script

Posted by Andrew Mains <an...@kontagent.com>.
Hard to say what the problem is just based on the stderr; try checking
hive's logs for more information:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted#GettingStarted-ErrorLogs

Andrew