Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Alan Collins <al...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/19 08:46:49 UTC

problem with cxf configuration on unix

I had my code running on my windows box (eclipse), but need to get it running on a unix server (debian) and am having a tough time.
I have: tomcat6, spring 2.5.6, cxf 2.2.7.
It seems unhappy with the configuration.  Here's the latest error:
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListenerorg.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 16 in XML document from class path resource [com/example/cxf.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element 'jaxrs:server'.        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:404)        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:342)        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)

Here's my cxf.xml that's sprung from a lot of web reading:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"  xmlns:jaxrs="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs"  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beanshttp://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsdhttp://cxf.apache.org/jaxrshttp://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxrs.xsd">
  <!-- do not use import statements if CXFServlet init parameters link to this beans.xml -->
  <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml" />  <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml" />  <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />
  <jaxrs:server id="user" address="/user">    <jaxrs:serviceBeans>      <ref bean="userBean" />    </jaxrs:serviceBeans>  </jaxrs:server>
  <bean id="userBean" class="com.example.UserManager" /></beans>

The stuff I can find on the web either doesn't make sense to me (cxf noob) or doesn't seem to be specifically related.
I hope that I've given enough information, and thank you for your time.

Re: problem with cxf configuration on unix

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
I'm sorry it is happening but there are just so many fragments there on the
wiki :-), doing copying & pasting is safer with the test source code, please
see systests/jaxrs, there are many configuration samples there...

cheers, Sergey

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.