Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Mansour, Hiba" <hm...@ncr.com> on 2005/03/24 20:32:39 UTC

Accessing the XLS file

Hello,
I use POI HSSF to write an xls file, and I add a <href> to it from my
JSP page.
I can see the link and when I right click on it and ask for save as
option I get the xcel file , however
If I double click on the link I don't get anything (no window file
download dialogue) that will ask if you want
To save as or open .The only way for me to get the file is by right
clicking on the link and chosing the save as option then open it after
downloading it. Has anyone encountered such problem? Any suggestions to
how can we fix it

Thank you

Re: Accessing the XLS file

Posted by R S <tc...@gmail.com>.
First, instead of a double-click, a single-click on the link should be enough.

Second, it doesn't look like a POI issue.

Did you try copy&pasting the URL directly in the browser?

Thanks,
RAS