Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Sanders, Marshall (AT - Atlanta)" <Ma...@autotrader.com> on 2015/11/16 17:00:00 UTC

Expand Component Fields Response

Is it possible to specify a separate set of fields to return from the expand component which is different from the standard fl parameter?  Something like this:

fl=fielda&expand.fl=fieldb

Our current use case means we actually only care about the numFound from the expand component and not any of the actual fields.  We could also use a facet for the field we're collapsing on, but this means mapping from the field we collapsed on to the different facets and isn't very elegant, and we also have to ask for a large facet.limit to make sure that we get the appropriate counts back.  This is pretty poor for high cardinality fields.  The alternative is the current where we ask for the expand component and get TONS of information back that we don't care about.

Thanks for any help!

Marshall Sanders
Technical Lead - Software Engineer
Autotrader.com
404-568-7130

RE: Expand Component Fields Response

Posted by "Sanders, Marshall (AT - Atlanta)" <Ma...@autotrader.com>.
Joel,

Thanks for the response.  I updated the JIRA with 2 new patches.  One for trunk, and one for branches/branch_5x.  It would be great if it could get reviewed and make it in before 5.4 if it meets approval.

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marshall,