Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by vnalla <v_...@hotmail.com> on 2016/09/20 19:43:16 UTC

How to activate ejbd protocol in TomEE 7.0.1

Hi,

I would like to configure the cluster TomEE servers for EJB client. But how
do I enable ejbd protocol in TomEE? do I need to use external openejb
process or it uses embeded TomEE process?

Does tomee.sh work with TomEE or works only with external openejb process?

How to enable JMS functionality in TomEE?

Thanks,
Venkat

Re: How to activate ejbd protocol in TomEE 7.0.1

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> Yes, I am using the tomcat scripts to start and stop the server. I am still
> not clear about the use of tomee.sh (which is not a tomee start/stop
> script), but it looks like it can deploy and do other things. Does it only
> work with openejb standalone server? or it also works with tomee with http
> url instead of ejbd transport? Appreciate if you could provide me any link
> that explains the usage of tomee.sh script.

it does work with tomee too, just prevents start/stop since tomcat scripts
are designed for that, deploy works if the server is running and configured
to accept ejbd requests (just use "help" on the command) but main utility
of that script today is about ciphering password (./bin/tomee.sh cipher -c
XXX secret) to avoid to put clear passwords in the config

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Le 20 sept. 2016 23:06, "vnalla" <v_...@hotmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I am actually looking for JMX not JMS. Is there any documentation link?

Plain jvm one. Let us know if you are blocked.

> tomee.sh - does not start the instance. It is giving me following output:

As written use tomcat scripts for that.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Le 20 sept. 2016 21:47, "vnalla" <v_...@hotmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I would like to configure the cluster TomEE servers for EJB client. But
how
> do I enable ejbd protocol in TomEE? do I need to use external openejb
> process or it uses embeded TomEE process?

http://tomee.apache.org/ejbd-transport.html and check tomee.remote.support
option too for a simpler setup

> Does tomee.sh work with TomEE or works only with external openejb process?

Not sure what is the question but tomee.sh starts a process for the
command. Tomee is however started by catalina.sh which forks a process for
start option

> How to enable JMS functionality in TomEE?

Built in in tomee+, see container/resource configuration for the detail if
needed