Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org> on 2004/03/03 16:51:54 UTC

i18n vs. fallback module

Hello devlopers,

today I tried to i18n the default's pubs overridden xsl files i.e.
lenya/resources/authoring/create.xsl.

In the first place I thought to add a i18n transformer to
publication-sitemap.xmap so that a publication can transform stuff the
global transformer didn't. But it was not that easy.

The i18n transformation for the cmsui is always done by the global
transfomrers because the global sitemap intercepts calls to the cms ui
and thus no i18n transformation in a pub can take place.

On the other hand I can not do a fallback for dict files or add dict
files dynamically to the configuration of the global i18n transformer.

Ideas to help solve my little problem are very welcome. Thanks.

    Rolf Kulemann