Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au> on 2007/11/09 11:25:18 UTC

dojo version in struts 2.0.11?

Does anyone know -exactly- which revision of dojo is bundled in Struts
2.0.11?

A diff of the src dirs reveals it's not the tagged 0.4.2 release or
tagged 0.4.3 release.  I believe it's near 0.4.2 but can't find a match.

The dojo plugin in Struts 2.1.x definitely uses the 0.4.3 tagged release.

Max Pimm wrote
 > Which is the dojo version that was used in the build of
struts2-core-0.011.jar?

Re: dojo version in struts 2.0.11?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> > The rest would be deleting everything related to
> dojo from core.
>
> Would that be optional or required.

Required with the current Dojo plugin source: the
tag's theme is hardcoded, and AFAICT with the original
themes in place they take precedence.

For a separate work-related issue I hardcoded a
different theme into the plugin and that fixed that
issue.

There is some XWork 2.1-specific logging (not sure why
the change from commons-logging) but that was only in
a couple of spots, and there's one annotation
(@StrutsTagSkipInheritance) that isn't in 2.0 but I'm
not sure if that's only a compile issue or not
(haven't looked at it yet).

> And, just to ask the question, would moving Dojo
> from a theme to a plugin be too much of a change
>for the 2.0.x series?

It doesn't seem like it, the logging is a non-issue if
we switch the few classes to commons-logging, not sure
about the inheritence thing but it doesn't seem like
an issue.

All that said as I mentioned on struts-user my first
naïve test didn't run, but I can re-visit it tonight.

d.

Re: dojo version in struts 2.0.11?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Moving this to dev@.

> The rest would be deleting everything related to dojo from core.

Would that be optional or required. The idea was being able to drop
the Dojo 2.1.0 plugin with the Struts 2.0.x JARs, and being able to
run it out-of-the-box.

> The plugin code itself can be just copied to 2.0 and it should work.

And, just to ask the question, would moving Dojo from a theme to a
plugin be too much of a change for the 2.0.x series?

-Ted.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Maybe it will run, but it won't compile--there's some
XWork logging (xwork2.util.logging.Logger &
LoggerFactory) and an annotation
(@StrutsTagSkipInheritance) in the plugin that aren't
in S2.0/XW<2.1.

d.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
referencing the dojo.js shipped with 2.0.11
\struts\struts-2.0.11\src\core\target\classes\org\apache\struts2\static\dojo
\src\namespaces
java -jar F:\RHINO\rhino1_6R5\js.jar
Rhino 1.6 release 5 2006 11 18
js> load("dojo.js");
js: "dojo.js", line 11: uncaught JavaScript runtime exception:
ReferenceError: "
dojo" is not defined.

--vs using the upgraded dojo-0.4.3-ajax version
\Dojo\dojo-0.4.3-ajax>java -jar F:\RHINO\rhino1_6R5\js.jar
Rhino 1.6 release 5 2006 11 18
js> load("dojo.js");
js> dojo.version
0.4.3 (8617)

appears for the moment 0.4.3 is the better version ..

Thanks/
Martin--
Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Please keep in mind that the "Ajax-as-Theme" approach taken in Struts
2.0.x has been tagged "end of life" by the development group. In
Struts 2.1.x, the Ajax JSP tags are being expressed as a plugin.

We do welcome everyone's help, but the best place to put a significant
amount of effort would be the Struts 2.1.x Dojo plugin. Otherwise, we
are going to end up with two representations of the code.

-Ted.

Posted by Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sami Dalouche <sk...@free.fr>.
Hi,

Posted by Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sami,

Posted by Sami Dalouche <sk...@free.fr>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
103: dojo.version = {
104:   // summary: version number of this instance of
dojo.
105:   major: 0, minor: 4, patch: 0, flag: "",
106:   revision: Number("$Rev: 6258

from the uncompressed file.

--- Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>